Saturday, January 21, 2006

FAQ's

“There are no stupid questions. …only stupid people.”

I’m interested in checking it out, what do I need to do? Um…. just show up.

How do I join? Follow the above instructions; if we like you we’ll ask you to write a six-page report and provide 4 references. (I’m kidding, folks; of course you can “join.” All we ask is for your participation in group activities, but that’s what this is all about in the first place.)

Are there any prerequisites? Nope, come as you are. Last thing we need is a group of people who are exactly the same.

Do I have to own a camera? Wouldn’t that be a prerequisite??

I don’t know anything about photography, but I want to learn; can I still come? A good teacher wouldn’t expect his students to have the knowledge before it has been taught.

When do you meet? Whenever we feel like meeting, gosh! …um, Saturdays normally, with occasional get-togethers thrown into the mix.

What are you people like? We’re in D.C. for cryin’ out loud; of course we’re a mixed group. For the most part, we like long walks on the beach and some of us put mustard on our eggs. We run the gamut from Hill Staffers, to geeks, to fashion models. (…okay so maybe that last one was just an attempt to get more guys to show up.)

These FAQ’s didn’t answer any of my questions, what do I do now? Send an email to yourself complaining and ranting until you feel better. Then read the email in six weeks and laugh at how ridiculous your complaint seems. If that doesn’t work, you could always ask the person who told you about this thing in the first place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home