Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Rough outline

All right, the logistics have yet to be solidified, but here's an approximation of what we'll be doing this Saturday. Our photo shoot will be quite different from previous weeks. We're going to become event photographers for the evening as we capture the inaugural services at Ebenezer's.

We will meet at 4:30 either at the church offices or Ebenezer's (they're basically one in the same) and spend the first hour-ish talking about shutter speed, why it's important, and how to adjust it. The first service starts at 6:00 o'clock and goes 'til approximately 7:30. There is a second service at 8:00 o'clock, but I'm not sure how that will shape up. I'm tentatively planning on sticking around for both services, but please don't feel obligated to stay for both. Two services, on top of meeting beforehand makes for a very long "small group" and I want to be respectful of everyone's schedules.

I still need to firm up some details with the church staff, but that's all I know for now. It should not be a problem if you don't have tickets to either service since we'll be "working" rather than attending --just don't expect to get a good seat if you get one at all.

Not only will we get to expand our portfolios, but we'll get experience shooting live events too! Lookin' forward to it! ...as usual =)

-----New Thought-----

Has anybody tried using your bad hand as last week's excercise suggested? I would love to hear stories about you getting toothpaste all over your face, or how it took 4 minutes to dial a friend's number, or how you got fed up with that stupid excercise and resolutely resumed using your good hand. You know, anything like that.

Our exercise this week requires nothing more than intentional observation. In light of our discussion about composition last week, I encourage you to take a moment to consider the visual media we are bombarded with every day as an opportunity to learn something new.

3 Comments:

At 5:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds good to me. I guess we should get some good shots with ten people there. Are there any specific kinds they want?

 
At 5:49 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

As far as I know right now they are just looking for us to capture the event as it is --whatever that entails. I should know more tomorrow.

 
At 1:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds great! I am excited about this opportunity, and I will plan to stick around for both as well. Oh, and FYI: Trying to put one's hair in a ponytail left-handed is definitely a most difficult task!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home