Thursday, March 02, 2006

The Market of the East

Hey peeps, unfortunately I'll be busy in the evening (it's all about me =) so we're not gonna do the sunset shoot this week. Instead, we're gonna be on location at Eastern Market (blue line, southeast of the Capitol). Similar to last week, we'll talk shop from 11:00 - 12:30ish. We'll focus on composition and arranging elements in your scene. If it's anything like last week, we'll be all over the board talking about pretty much everything =) Feel free to bring anything you would like to talk about, share, or get some feedback on. We will grab some lunch somewhere around there.

I've not been to Eastern Market since October (way back in the day when the weather was nice) so I'm not sure what to expect of the farmer's market and the other vendors, but if they are out, I would love to take a few minutes and browse through the photographs of some of the artists down there. I think it will be a great extension of our discussion.

Of course after that (approx. 1 o'clock) we will do what we do best: run around like mad tourists taking pictures of everything! We might try incorporating a theme this week; we'll see how that works out.

I'm not extremely familiar with the area, so I don't yet know where we'll meet. If you have any suggestions (some place that's quiet enough that we can talk) please post a comment. You can always call me when you're on your way and I'll reel you in. Looking forward to it!

-Stephen 703.303.3131

2 Comments:

At 12:05 PM, Blogger Erin said...

Hmmm. We could meet up at Murky Coffee down there - it's on 7th St right near the intersection w/Pennsylvania Ave ... http://www.murkycoffee.com/

 
At 4:41 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Erin, you are brilliant! We'll meet at Murky Coffee at 11 AM.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home