Thursday, June 15, 2006

♪ Arboretum is the life for me ♫

This is a little late in coming, but as you can see below I ended up adding a lot more than I initially planned. Below, you will find instructions for setting up a Flickr account and joining our Flickr group; note the nifty new link on the right. Also new are the member profiles for the new peeps! (See Member Links on the right.) Please please please let me know if you do not wish for your information to be available on this site. It is not my intent to intrude on anyone's privacy, so please let me know if you want anything to be modified. For many of you there are some blank spots; please leave a comment on your profile to "fill in" the information. I'll update it when I see it. Don't forget to send me a picture for your profile (unless that's not your thing, in which case I will publicly declare you as a BORING individual =)

Anyway, that's what's new; here's what's happening this weekend. Saturday we will take a walk on the nature side and shoot up the National Arboretum. We'll meet at the visitor center at 11:00 o'clock. Similar to last week, we'll spend the first hour talking about composition and various other techniques (there are rumors going around that Someone might even give us a peek inside their world and show us a thing or two... "Someone" = my first attempt fell through and now I've gotta ask someone else =)

We'll have lunch around noon. I don't know if/where there is any place to eat around there, so I highly recommend you pack a lunch. We'll find a pretty patch of grass and chow down some grub while David does a dramatic reading about the local flora and fauna.

Again, around 1:00 we'll bust out the cameras and see what awaits us at the arboretum!

The arboretum (man, I've never said "arboretum" so many times) is not metro accessible, so some people have suggested carpooling. If you are in need of a ride, or can offer a ride, leave a comment below and we'll figure it out.

Just to give you a heads up for the next two weeks --"What!? We're finding something out more than 36 hours in advance?!!" Wonder of wonders, I know... On the 24th we will do a Night Shoot, most likely around the World War II Memorial. It will be good times, no doubt! The following week (1st) we will do a Black and White photo shoot. I'm not sure where, but it should be a good challenge/learning experience for us all. May the free world keep on rocking because of you all!!

1 Comments:

At 4:09 PM, Blogger Rachelle said...

I'm sad I will miss the arboretum! I've never been there and I want to go...

But I'll be sure to take a lot of pictures as I am Bound in an Inward direction.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home