Friday, March 24, 2006

a tangled mass of kite string

Contrary to popular belief, I did not fall off the edge of the planet. I am still here and we will still get together tomorrow for some photographic fun! Funny story: (it definitely won't be as funny written here, just so you know) my sister and I were out doing some night photography several months back and this guy walked past us, noticed the camera equipment and said, "You take photography?" *insert short exchange. Then he comes around again --apparently he didn't know where he was going because he just walked around the same block. He sees us a second time, gets all excited, puts his hand in the air and with an Eastern European accent says, "Looks like you are having photographic fun!" The end.

Yeah, somebody's focused today... Anyway.

The Smithsonian Kite Festival is tomorrow and there seems to be a consensus among some of us that it will make for a swell photo shoot. I'm not quite sure what to expect, so we're gonna wing it this week --you're thinking, "And that's different from any other week, how??"

Okay so I just got off the phone with somebody from the Smithsonian, but not without first listening to the Beethoven music and the recorded voice telling me to "Please continue to hold. All operators are currently busy." From what I could gather, "There are going to be tons of people on the mall." Yeah, doesn't really narrow it down.

Here's what I'm thinking: let's meet at the top of the escalators at the Smithsonian metro stop at 11:00 o'clock. Depending on how things are going/feeling, we'll make decisions on location as to what to do next. If we decide to do lunch somewhere, I might ramble for a little bit about aperture and what it does (that's me trying to incorporate a "lesson" into an otherwise unorganized day).

Also, as Tuong mentioned there is a group of people going hiking tomorrow in the Shenandoahs. They will be leaving early in the morning and getting back in the evening, so it'll be an all day event. Of course you all are welcome to go, and I would encourage you to take your cameras. If you guys go maybe there could be like two groups this weekend, one going hiking, the other hitting up the Mall. Anyway, it's an option if you want to take it.

All righty, hope to see you all tomorrow! *sniffle I've missed you guys!!! =)

1 Comments:

At 2:14 PM, Blogger Tuong Do said...

It looks like it would be risky to go to Old Rag Mountain tomorrow as there is a decent chance of precipitation. So we will probably try and go hiking next month. I'll probably join you on the mall.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home