Monday, December 11, 2006

Farewell for now...

Well friends, we've come to the end of another semester, only this time that also means that the group as we know it has come to an end. =/ It only seems appropriate to close it out with one last blog post.

I can't speak for everybody, but I can say that the group has been a tremendous inspiration to me. Going out every week to take pictures alongside you all is nothing short of a privilege. I have been blessed over and over again by your photographs, attitudes, willingness to learn, and commitment to follow some dude who doesn't know what he's doing half the time =) I consider it an honor that you would look to me to teach you anything about photography when I am consistently blown away and learning new things as each of you show me how you view the world. You all have inspired me, challenged me, and blessed me more than you know.

If you were a part of the group (if even for only one week) please "sign" your name as a comment below. I would encourage you to share a memory or something, but at very least sign your name. It's a simple a way of recognizing everybody who contributed to the group.

Also, I know there are some distant followers who have kept an eye on the group but never joined the fun. You too are invited to share your thoughts below. Many of you have told me how much you enjoy viewing our pictures online, and I think the rest of the group would like to hear it too!

From day one, my hope for this group is that it would serve as a catalyst for other opportunities in the Visual Arts. I would love to see this group take on a new life and soar to even greater heights, and I eagerly wait to see what comes from it.

Lastly, thank you all for giving your time, talent, and energy to this crazy guy with a crazy idea. I have been blessed so much. I can only hope the same is true of you.

Keep shooting!
-Stephen

5 Comments:

At 10:44 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I can't go anywhere around here without thinking about the pictures we took together. It's a constant reminder to put myself in someone else's shoes and try to understand their perspective. You all have ruined me! ...and I am utterly grateful. =)

-Stephen

 
At 6:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey folks,

I know I did at least (at most) two, maybe three, events with you all. Scheduling didn't always work out for the rest, though.

I did run a parallel track of doing my own photo shoots which was fun and fruitful.

And the photography group was my gateway experience into NCC, so thanks to you all for that, too! :)

Tim
10,782 days

 
At 4:38 PM, Blogger Amber said...

The ones I went to I really had fun. Thank you for letting me join the group even though I was not a regular.

 
At 7:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This group and the photography hobby it helped me initiate was truly a highlight of my year. I had so much fun learning to develop interesting photos, and I gained so much from your feedback and affirmation. Thank you Stephen for your vision and inspiration and leadership. I truly appreciate it. Karen

 
At 9:17 PM, Blogger Rachelle said...

Good times, my friends!

I was just showing my mom a bunch of my pictures and it went something like, "Oh, I took this one with Just Shoot Me and this one with Just Shoot Me and that one was with Just Shoot Me." Haha. I'll miss it, but will take zillions of pictures on my worldwide adventures...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home