Wednesday, April 05, 2006

thoughts of a running horsey

Am I the only one who comes away from our group activities totally jazzed and excited?! You all are so fun to be around! Thanks for letting me be a part of it!

Thanks again to Rodney for opening his rockin' pad to us! You were a most generous host, and for that, I give you props. Thanks also to everybody who showed up! Karen, it was great to finally meet you; hope to have you join us more often.

For those of you who couldn't make it (and as a reminder to those who could) below is the outline of topics we covered tonight. I will be putting together a more detailed "handout" with before and after images of everything we talked about. I hope to have the PDF online by the end of this week.

Automation
Batch Processing
Panorama
Scanned Files

Correction
Cropping and Straightening
Levels / Curves
Hue / Saturation
Clone Stamp
Healing Brush
Color Tint
Merge Multiple Exposures

Special Effects
B&W / RGB Channels
Sepia and Film Grain
Artificial Depth of Field
Distort

Misc
Metadata

The goal tonight was simply to show you how Photoshop can complement your skills as a photographer and hopefully spark some creative ideas along the way. I truly hope you weren't frustrated or discouraged by the broad overview. Believe me, I know how annoying it can be to walk away feeling like you just watched somebody show off for two hours --that's not cool and I hope it wasn't like that for you. I wish we could have gotten into more specifics, but Photoshop is so huge and we had so many different skill levels represented that it would have been difficult to dig much deeper.

For our next Photoshop session, you guys will get to take the wheel and learn/do whatever strikes your fancy. Let me know if you have any ideas or suggestions about tonight or the next round with Photoshop. Until then, stick around; stay cool; fight the power.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home